Maine Maritime Academy’s Department of Continuing Education and Distance Learning
is a public outreach and auxiliary enterprise of Maine Maritime Academy. Continuing Education instructors come from MMA faculty, staff and professional partner organizations. The mission of Continuing Education at Maine Maritime Academy is to support and enhance the careers of our Alumni, current students, state and federal agencies, US military, and colleagues working in fields related to the Academy's major programs of study.
Merchant Mariner license holders must contact the US Coast Guard directly
- STCW approved courses are offered for USCG license upgrades and recertification.
- Coming in 2015 selected STCW 2010 GAP courses.
- Maritime Transportation & Security Act – International Ship & Port Facility Security Code (MTSA – ISPS) security classes, certification, and training.
- New course offerings are being developed continually.
- CEU’s are available for all courses.
for particulars concerning their licenses upgrade or recertification questions:
For additional information on existing courses, to suggest a future class, or TO REGISTER AND MAKE PAYMENT FOR A CLASS
, please contact the office of:
Maine Maritime Academy
Castine, ME 04420
207 326 2211 voice / 2109 fax
INTENSIVE AUDITING MARATHON:
7 days 7 Certificates (see ISO/ISM Lead Auditor)
Effective January 1, 2012:
- ISO ISM Lead Auditor (Days 1 -5)
$2000 (2C- ISO LA & ISM LA)
- ISO Lead Auditor (Days 1 - 3)
$1,480 (1C- ISO LA)
- ISO Internal Auditing Training (Days 1 -2)
$790 (1 C- ISO Internal Auditing for QAR in the office)
- ISO Familiarization (Day 1)
$300 (1C- ISO Introduction)
- ISM Lead Auditor (Days 3 - 5)
$1000 (1C- ISM LA)
- DPA - Designated Person Ashore (Days 3 - 5) SEE BRIEF
COURSE DESCRIPTION AT ISM
$200 + exam added on to (2C - ISM LA / DPA)
- MLC 2006 Owner Compliance (Days 6 - 7)
$900 1C- ILO/MLC
FULL TUITION PAYMENT IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION.
Minimum enrollment determination is made three weeks prior to course start dates. We attempt to keep all course information current.
Ongoing and by appointment classes are available:
- Radar Recertification: Regularly scheduled instruction, usually for the 3rd Saturday of each month, at 0900: Cost is $225.00 for classes of two students or more. Private one-on-one instruction at $375.00 per person may be requested and is dependent upon instructor availability.
Scheduled Dates for 2014:
- Visual Communication (Flashing Light): Call MMA at 207-326-2211 for an appointment to take the test. Cost: $180.00 individual only.
- iNarte/FCC exams: MMA Proctors iNarte/FCC exams. To arrange for a written test please Contact iNARTE via Exemplar Global by calling 888-722-2440 ext. 7823 (9-5 EDT) and then call MMA at 207-326-2211 to schedule a proctor. Cost: $65
- STCW Basic Training COURSES (4)
These four modules are scheduled over a five day period. Students
may select from one four of the modules within the BST framework although
though full course enrollees will be given space preference. Module
enrollment options vary. See the monthly course listings.
- USCG APPROVED STCW Personal Survival - 12 hours - $360.00 (min 4 max
- USCG APPROVED STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibility - 4 hours -
$100.00 (min 3 max 24)
- USCG APPROVED STCW Elementary First Aid & CPR - 8 hours - $255.00 (min
3 max 24)
- USCG APPROVED STCW BASIC Firefighting - 16 hours - $435. 00-16 Hours-
(min 9 max 24)
- Full four modules USCG APPROVED STCW BASIC TRAINING course price
Specialized CONTRACT COURSES
- Specially arranged Group or Company courses are available by contract. Examples include:: Personal Survival +HUET (2 days) INERT GAS SYSTEMS CRUDE OIL WASHING (STCW/5 DAYS) EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR SEA TRIALS PERSONNEL (5 days) Fishing vessel Drill instructor (1 day) ECDIS for PILOTS APA guidelines (2 DAY) Contact Victoria for details.
Accommodations and Hospitality
- Rooms are available at the Academy: These are comfortable private guest rooms each w / private bath, radio, TV and internet. Check in is 2 pm. Check out is 10 am.
- Meals (second helpings free of charge:) at our Campus Dining Center can be purchased individually on a walk in basis during the academic year or as available. See meal hours:
- Breakfast - $6.00 Lunch - $12.00 Dinner - $12.00
Contact Continuing Education