ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS & ETHICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLIANCE
Start date: Monday July 8, 2013 End date: Friday August 19, 2013
TUITION: $400.00 Enrollment: Min 8 / Max 16
Pre-registration deadline Monday July 01, 2013*
- Environmental Regulations & Ethical Industrial Compliance (EREIC) is a SEVEN WEEK ONLINE course~awarding Four CEUs from Maine Maritime Academy Continuing Education.
- EREIC is designed to educate mariners serving on United States registered vessels, and those who work with them, about the environmental regulations that govern their industry. EREIC will place emphasis on environmental regulations, laws, and compliance issues for mariners working both at sea and in port, and for those in industry at the management level.
- EREIC will develop each student's ability to recognize and effectively deal with regulatory compliance and professional ethics issues for persons working in the U.S. Merchant Marine and associated fields. ~EREIC consists of five modules, 1-water quality, 2-air quality, 3-solid & hazardous waste, 4-pollutant health effects, and 5-legal investigations & enforcement of rules.
- EREIC lead instructor Associate Professor Laurie Flood is in her twelfth year of teaching in the engineering department at Maine Maritime Academy Castine, Maine. She possesses a B.S. in Marine Systems Engineering from Maine Maritime Academy, an M.S. in Civil (Environmental) Engineering from the University of Maine, and a Masters in Environmental Law and Policy from Vermont Law School Ms. Flood developed EREIC in 2012 with grant support from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation www.nfwf.org.
- Online~course hosting and support is in partnership with the BIO MEDIA LAB and its SYNAPSE learning management system at University of Maine at Orono,
- *REGISTRATION, PAYMENT and ENROLLMENT PROCESS: Students must pre-register by phone or in person with the Continuing Education office (207) 326-2211 providing personal contact (phone#, physical address, email) and identity information (legal name, birth date and last four of ss#) plus a valid credit card number and expiration date no later than noon Monday July 1st.
- ON or before 4pm EST July 1st, 2013 all pre-registered students will be contacted by registered EMAIL advising the course has/has not met the minimum required enrollment.
- If minimum enrollment is met the full tuition will be charged to the student provided credit card within 24 hours.
- Payment confirmation, a unique password/ log in for EREIC along with online course management details will be sent to each student no later than Friday July 5that 12pm EST.
- Once payment is charged, the course will not have an add/drop period and no refunds will be issued.